Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Suggestion for future research

My research these past few weeks has been on satisfaction of communications in an organization and how that effects job satisfaction, performance and commitment. I had a very difficult time finding recent articles about this topic and so I started to think about future research that could be conducted around this topics. In the research I did find it seemed that this topic was very popular in the 70’s and 80’s and may have been researched out. I believe that there are still opportunities to study this topic in current organizations. I think that a very interesting area for research around this concept is how the new communication technologies effect these same work-related dimensions. In my organization, and I believe in many others, there is a new communication trend to use web 2.0 technologies to communicate such as blogs, video blogs, wikis, and social networking websites. I know that it has been very difficult to foster adoption in our organization to use these technologies because people feel they are not the best for communication. I think that it would be interesting to see how satisfied people actually are with the communication that comes from these tools and if in turn job satisfaction, productivity, and commitment are effected.

No comments: