Saturday, September 13, 2008

Cannot Compute!!

I often wonder how communication technology that was created to make it easier to process information, increase productivity, and streamline actions has contributed to the information overload that goes on in organizations these days. It is so easy to send and receive information but that does not equal processing messages and information. On a daily basis I find myself being bombarded by my email from co-workers and key stakeholders, e-newsletters with links to a whole other pool of information on the internet, and the infinite information available to me on the world wide web. Sometimes I find my head just spinning and I feel like if I were a computer myself my screen would be flashing, “Cannot Compute! Cannot Compute!” How has it gotten to this point where the things that we really can not imagine living without because of the ease of information transmission has caused an overload that we can not escape from.

No comments: