Thursday, October 2, 2008

Communication Climate

The book states that the climate of an organization is the psychological environment in which organizational behavior occurs. This climate effects the health of internal communications which intern effects the health of communication with customers. I have worked in both a healthy communication culture and an unhealthy one. I found that when there was no openness in the communication of the organization that people external to the organization could very easily tell. They could see that we were not on the same page and that we did not have one voice. Now that I am in a much more healthy environment those individuals external to our group see my team as a united front. We are aligned in our communication because it is a very open organization. I think the climate of the organization effects the comfort and ability to communicate within the organization and people can definitely see that.

No comments: